1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVALAUNCH HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by aaddaam, Dec 8, 2004.

1. aaddaam

aaddaam Member

Hi i have consulted the official avalaunch tutorial and i don't get the part where you modify your bios to launch avalaunck instead of the other dash

2. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

Depending on what bios you are using you can use EVTOOL or XBTOOL to edit or patch the bios. There is an option in there where it looks for certain dashes in the order you choose. Most bios are set up to look for Evoxdash.xbe first then maybe Avalaunch.xbe second and so on. All you really have to do is rename whatever dash your using to Evoxdash.xbe in the C:/ and it should pick it up if you don't want to edit the bios.

3. aaddaam

aaddaam Member

Ok i can do that but how do i flash the bios My XBOX is connected to my LAN but i can't work out how to flash it

4. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

It depends on what mod chip you are using and also what motherboard you have. A 1.6v board can only use the M8_1.6 bios. You can FTP the bios into your C:\ in a folder named Bios (i.e. C:\Bios\X2 4983). Then you can access it from your HDD and flash it to your chip.

5. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

i just got my modchip on a 1.0 xbox with an xecuter 2.6 lite and in my experience the evox m8 bios SUCK they did not work for me it only played 2 games then I loaded xecuter bios and everything works

6. aaddaam

aaddaam Member

Squiggles i FTPed my bios that i made in Xbtool to C bios and then i went to access it on the hdd of my xbox and it didn't load

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Why don't you just rename the avalaunch.xbe file to whatever the xbox boots to right now (eg.evoxdash.xbe) so that it'll boot to it from the start. Then you can go back and edit the xml file to link to the other dash if need be.

8. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

Here's what I did. I made a folder named BIOS on my computer in MY Documents for example. I then FTP that folder named BIOS into the C:\ of the HDD. After that I opened up the folder named BIOS in C:\ and then FTP the actual BIOS into that folder. If it won't load I can only figure that something is wrong with it. Did you keep it a 256K BIOS or resize it? What bios did you edit? Because if you edited M8 you have to use EVTOOL and not XBTOOL. Also if you used M8+ you will nedd the newest EVTOOL 1.0.9 or it won't work.

9. Oakie1269

Oakie1269 Member

Hi folks,

I do have the following problem and I am hoping that you can give me support to solve it.

1. I am using the X2.6 lite chip and I flashed it with the Xecuter X2 4983 BIOS respectively FlashBIOS 3.x
    2. Now I am trying several days to start Avalaunch on my XBOX but I am still not successful.
    I burned the Avalaunch directory as an ISO but the XBOX doesn't recognize the DISK
    I am alsonot able to use the XBTOOL to check the boot order because this BIOS version is not supported by the XBTool 1.023 yet.

So how do I have to flash the AValaunch Dashboard onto my XBOX ? I read several tuts but I am to stupid !?!
    How can I FTP something onto my XBOX if there is still no Server running ???

Pleaz Help
    Thx a lot
    Oakie

10. knick140

knick140 Member

if u can ftp into your box all you have to do is transfer over the other dash and rename it the one your replacing.

11. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

I have avalaunch and evox on my xbox all I did was burn evox to a disk but my xbox wouldnt read it so I connected a pc drive using the tutorial (use google) then when I got evox running off the disc I ftp'd to the xbox and sent the ava dash over. name the ava dash evoxdash.xbe and then name you ms dash xboxdash.xbe so that way it loads ava with the chip on and ms dash with it off. Because xecuter bios looks to load evoxdash first. And you can put evox under your apps section just ftp evox to E:/apps or f:/apps and leave the xbe to default.xbe

Or you can go the other route and use xbtool to modify your bios and change the order your bios loads the dashes. but there's really no need to do this only if you dont want to rename avalaunch.xbe to evoxdash.xbe

oakie you cannot put a dash onto your xbox unless you can ftp

you have to get evox or ava running off of a disc, if your xbox doesnt read it look for a tutorial to connect a pc drive, or switch out your xbox drive with a friends or something if they have a better one

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  12. k9coates

k9coates Member

Where can I download avalaunch or evox. I've tried searching for it, but all I get is forums and what not.

Thanks