1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avast blocking all my sites and most access

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by neilcolt, Nov 12, 2016.

1. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

Ive just downloaded the new avast free download.Its basically blocking everything i try to access even facebook.
    Is there something I can turn off to stop this as its blocking trusted sites.
    Thanks.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

open avast.
    locate gear thingy top right just below minimize button & clik it.
    components in left column is where the settings are. As for sensitivity for web it'll be under web shield.

clik on customize,place tick in "use code emulation" untick the two other boxes below it

under "Main settings" in left top of the column
    tick "enable web scanning"
    untick the two boxes directly below it,the rest should be all ticked

that's about as much i can help with,they are the settings mines at,tho i don't use facebook

avast has a forum if you require it,look for tuts as well

3. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

Thanks bud !!!!

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Good job, but I wouldn't expect less.

OP, I would be super concerned why Avast was blocking your sites. Paranoid me thinks your computer or router may have a 'man in the middle' 'thing' on it. I doubt there is anything you can do about it but keep in mind there is a good chance your internet activity is monitored and the juicy parts logged. Avast detects the 'man in the middle' as the danger not FB or the other sites. If this is true any tool you download on your computer to fix the problem will probably be infected by 'the man in the middle'.