1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVCHD (.mts/.m2ts) to QuickTime (.mov) in Windows?

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by sulphurizer, Sep 5, 2011.

1. sulphurizer

sulphurizer Member

Hi,

I'd need to convert a video from .mts/.mt2s (AVCHD) format in Windows 7 to QuickTime .mov that can be opened with iMovie in a Mac computer without significant loss in the HD quality.

So far I've tried numerous different software tools and all of them have failed.

- Sony Vegas Pro 10 crashes when I try to render the .mt2s file to .mov
    - MPEG Streamclip didn't work either
    - I bought 4Media HD Video Converter 6 and although it seemed promising, even that didn't work out. The result either crashes the software (it's a big ~1hr video) or the transcoded video is upside down.

I'm really out of clues here. I've tried googling and searching for YouTube transcoding tutorials but none of them have helped. I don't have a Mac computer I could use for this purpose so the transcoding would need to take place in a PC/Win7 environment. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks!

2. mike991

mike991 Member

I am surprised that after searching on google you dint find MTS Converter, It is the only software that you are searching for and have ability to fulfil all your requirements.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011