1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avex DVD to Ipod converter

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by stranick, May 26, 2007.

1. stranick

stranick Guest

New to this so please bear with:

I recently purchased the above named software to convert my movies to iPod format. It appears that it converts it however, when it is done it says to go to iTunes and add file to library and it does not work.

Can anyone help is there a better program out there I should be using, I dont care about paying for it. I just want a program that works.

Oh I have a 30gb iPod

Thanks for any help given!!!

2. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

3. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

It doesn't work in which way? It doesn't see the file, it doesn't add the file, it doesn't play the file, etc.

4. stranick

stranick Guest

All of the above. But here is an update, I was finally able to get two movies to convert and transfer to the iPod. I did two more, which seemed to work, however when i opened iTunes and tried to add the file nothing! happened, so i went to the folder where the movies were stored and when i dble clicked on the movies that worked they would play, for the others I recieved the following message: "Error 2002 bad public movie atom found in movie" I am using the following programs: quicktime pro, avex to convert and my operating system vista, I have DivX player as well but dont know if that is doing anything.
    Is it possible that the DVD itself is protected?? One was Gladiator and the other Davinci Code.

5. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Are you sure that you are adding the converted files and not the unconverted files?

6. stranick

stranick Guest

yes because i did actually get two others to work

7. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Try shortening the length of the name of the files to something like vid1 or vid2 etc. while importing. Then you can change the names back once they are in iTunes. ;-)

8. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

some times you can change the file extension from .mp4 to .m4v or vise versa then iTunes will recognize it

9. amandard

amandard Guest

First, check if you can play the output file correctly in quicktime or some other mp4 players.

My wild guess' here: Something might be incompatible with your video and audio decoders. As far as I know, AVex prefers some DVD decoders such as Cyberlink(v6+), Intervideo(v6+), etc, or some free codecs, like mpegdecoder012 and ac3filter. If you try re-converting the problematic DVD using Cyberlink audio and video decoders(ver 6 or above), it might actually help.

10. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

He can't get it into iTunes, and normally shortening the file name length will help this.

11. vediason

vediason Guest

i googled a edited by ddp and i'd like to share it with you here.
    it can convert DVD to iPod Video MP4, MP4 AVC and audio MP3, M4A, and put DVD on your 30G or 80G iPod players.
    if offers a edited by ddp as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  12. vediason

vediason Guest

The program i suggest you try offers built-in iPod Copy Manager that allows you to transfer files between computer and iPod without iTunes.
    Why not go for it?

13. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Because iTunes works just as good if not better and is much more stable. ;-)

14. david94

david94 Regular member

i think it is down to the file as i have tried to import a movie and it wont try playing it in quick time and if it comes up with a message saying cannot open the file as qicktime doesnt understand the file type.

any solutions?

15. wrek01

wrek01 Member

does any 1 know where to get the registration name and code for the "avex dvd to ipod converter" program ...please i've been lookin for it for a long time

16. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

piracy not allowed

17. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

When you purchase the program you will be given the keys...