1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVG Firewall and Bittorrent configuration problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by wengy, Jun 9, 2007.

1. wengy

wengy Member

I've got AVG software loaded with it's Firewall running, and despite my very best efforts, I can't get Bittorrent to download/upload when the AVG Firewall is up. The moment I turn the firewall off, Bittorrent starts finding peers and begins to download, so it's got nothing to do with my network or router, it's the AVG Firewall as best as I can tell. I've tried setting up a specific service within the AVG firewall configuration window, allowing access to the specified local ports 6881-6991, but so far nothing's worked. Bittorrent is already "allowed" in the applications portion of the AVG Firewall configuration window, but that isn't working.

Can you anyone help me? The AVG website is worthless in terms of useful information.

2. KiNtArO01

KiNtArO01 Guest

get zone alarm free and only use it when u need it dont use bittorens without firewall ur pc will get messed up

3. jassoner

jassoner Member

try using U Torrent. Works great with AVG Firewall for me. Plus it uses virtually no memory to run. Slick bittorrent.

4. KiNtArO01

KiNtArO01 Guest

ya definatly use u torrent utorrent blows every other program outta the water