1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avg kills

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hk2npck, Dec 9, 2004.

1. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

I just downloaded AVG version 7 free, and it works fine...but..when i restarted, it took almost 2 minutes to boot, and everything was slow. i booted up in safemode, and uninstalled it, and then it worked again. whats the problem? is there a patch?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i've loaded it on mine & a # of customers with no problem except one but problem was incorrect date & time zone as avg said update was out of date but if just updated it today. so i corrected date & time zone & reloaded avg7 & updated with no problem. do you have another antivirus program running also

3. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

Im not sure, but do you have any large files in the root directory of C: ?

As AVG does a quick scan of files in the Root of C:, that could be the problem, im not sure.

Just like DDP, i have installed on many customer computers at work, when their computers have come in with no Anti-Virus and full of crap (work at ISP) and havnt had one problem with it.

CJC

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

I have been using AVG for years and have never had any problems....I love this little virus program.