1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avg

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rtrg, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I am using AVG 2011 FREE antivirus. The help pages do not answer this question. I understand that the program automatically HEALS and/or REMOVES any threats found or puts them into the VIRUS VAULT. How do I know if threats were found but NOT dealt with? I do not need to know why but how to REMOVE them manually, in detailed steps. If there are items in the vault, should I delete them? If the vault is empty does that mean that the program found nothing? Under SCAN RESULTS/DETAILS if "xxx" items were not healed or removed with "0" under the tabs above does that mean again that nothing was found? Where on the interface are threats found but not dealt with shown? In that case is there a "FIX NOW' tab? In SPYBOT there is as all threats found are dealt with by user key presses. Which I prefer. I do not want to download a third party REMOVAL tool to do what the program should be able to do on its own. All help welcome.

2. ZCONCEPT

ZCONCEPT Member

@rtrg

You must be reading my mind.....because I've been asking myself these same questions.
    I'm sure you'll get some suggestions because this website is awesome ( someone here
    will give you the answers you desire___SOON !! ). Just hang in there and things will
    start to happen for you.

THANKS FOR STARTING THIS THREAD.

Signed: Robert Singletary__Monday November 29, 2010__2:44 P.M.
    (eastern standard time) USA

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

avg does the fixes automatically. what can't be fixed will show in the scan report.

4. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

That I know. Again where if shown are the results that CANNOT be fixed? Is there a FIX NOW button for manually healing. I presume that the button would only appear if un healed issues were found. Details please.

5. ddp

in the history report. no button for manual repair. remember spybot is a manually run program so has button to fix wereas avg runs automatically & heals automatically.

6. xH0rizon

xH0rizon Member

AVG fixes viruses automatically, but you can manually remove them from the virus vault.

7. ddp

yes.

8. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

and if you run a lot of cracked/hacked stuff it kills a lot of things and deletes a lot of things you are using.. I don't like anything which runs with no user input.

stopped installing it over a year ago because it's become an annoying resource hog.. and mither-ware constantly whining about the paid version.. sorry.. IF I wanted paid version I would buy it.. so bugger off with that damn notice all the time)

free rising these days.. seems very light on system resources, but not that keen on the 2011 version.

winclam .. thats the baby for the not moronic n00bs.. 100% manual.. 100% configurable..

9. freelee

freelee Guest

howdy, mates here!
    and for the AVG,the one who use it should know it well,with used in a high performance PC,or there would be some more tips for u to decide,bit annoying~
    no offensive,thx