1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi 2 mpeg 1 with tmpgenc problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mikepie, Dec 9, 2004.

1. mikepie

mikepie Member

hi all, i hope someone can help as i seem to have hit a brick wall,

problem:
    I have an AVI,(DV AVI), file that i exported from Adobe premier 7 post editing and this plays and sounds fine.

when i use TMPGEnc to create a VCD compatible MPEG 1 file from this ***.AVI, the out put file ***.MPEG, only plays the audio and the screen stays black, i have followed the guides posted on this site. and have run out of ideas,

could someone please tell me where i am going wrong i would be ever so greatful

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I don't know, you managed to find an error I never had! The only test I can propose you to do is:

(1) Load the .AVI with Virtualdub

(2) Select a compression (e.g. DivX or Xvid multipass)

(3) File___Save as AVI (F7)
    since you use multipass, once you run 1st, change Compression=2nd pass and F7 again (even by deleting your previous file; Virtualdub need only the stat file [.LOG/.PASS])

(4) try using again TMPGenc with input = your new .AVI file

This because I'm afraid this is codec problem an I hope thet you repeat it without converting the movie to .MPG it might work.