1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi codec audio problem

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Launchpad, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Launchpad

Launchpad Member

I am desperate need of help; I am running windows XP professional and I can not for the life of me work out why my Windows Media Player will not play selective AVI files with no audio at all. Every time I load the file up the player looks for the required codec but comes back with an ‘error’ message. I have downloaded just about every codec pack and filter available on the internet but to completely no avail. My fingers are now worn out bloody stumps almost unable to write this plea but I must know why! I used G-spot to try and isolate the problem and as far as I can tell I in fact have all the correct codec’s but it ‘failed to create instance of DMO filter Mpeg4 decoder. Error 0x80004002. No such interface supported’ I’ve even gone to the extreme length of updating my video and graphics card drivers to try to fix the problem but with no avail. Media player 9 and 6.4 classic have been reinstalled several times and no Microsoft codec seems to make a difference. If someone has an answer to this riddle please let me know, I can’t stand to lose anymore limbs and have waisted days of life for nothing.

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member