1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI Collection to DVDR

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by JCrewGuy, Oct 4, 2003.

1. JCrewGuy

JCrewGuy Member

Any suggestions on a good program to add my AVI collection (about 100 AVI's) to 1 DVDR. I'm not interested in playing the AVI's on a stand alone DVD player, rather I just want to free up like 4-5 gigabytes of space from my hard drive and be able to play them back as AVI files on my computer....just as I do from the hard drive now. I want to keep the AVI's seperate also. Any info would be appreciated!

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Um... why dont you just burn them onto the DVD as data?

3. JCrewGuy

JCrewGuy Member

Is it that simple? Can I just use Nero and burn the onto DVD as data and it play back from the DVD as AVI?

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Unless you want some funky fandangled feature yeah its pretty much thats simple.

5. DJLink

DJLink Member

JcrewGuy,

Its really as simple as praetor said. But I would not use Nero to burn multiple avi files on a DVDR. I love Nero and use it everyday on my CDR's, but with my DVDr's i made enough coasters to host a party of 100.

For my multiple Avi DVD's(that I play on my Xbox-AWESOME BTW) I have been using Primo DVD(old basic version) and Record now Max 4.5 never had a coaster with either program on my DVDR's hope this helps. I usually just use the older primo version becuase it seems to take less of my system resources and I can do more stuff while burning.

Link