1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI Cover art

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Harryw, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Harryw

Harryw Member

Can anyone tell me how one can attach cover art(DVD cover) to an avi file?
    You can attach genre , artist name etc but can you attach a picture to the file?

2. attar

attar Senior member

You want something like a 'still' that would display for a few seconds before the main clip starts playing?
    I have done this, problem is the 'still' is another .avi file that has to be joined to the main file.
    Creating the clip is not a problem.
    The free (AVI) 'joining' programs don't seem to work at all and the paid software introduces sync problems (which can be adjusted) somewhat.

3. Harryw

Harryw Member

Thanks for your reply, what i wanted to be able to do is disply the front cover of the DVD in which ever libray i am using either Jriver media 12, Musicmatch or Microsoft Media centre. The DVD would display like a cd with the cover art.

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

From recollection if you name the image folder.jpg it will work with Media Center. At least I think that is the case for albums. Not sure about avi's. No real tagging standard though so you won't be embedding the cover. You could remux to mkv which allows you to attach artwork, however probably none of the apps mentioned would retrieve it.

5. Harryw

Harryw Member

You are correct regarding naming artwork as Folder.jpg and that works with MP3 music formats and can be read in Media Cenre as the file is saved as metadata along with artist name genre etc, but it does not work with AVI format
    Anybody else have any ideas
    Thanks