1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI - DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Woz, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Woz

Woz Regular member

Im not to sure to be honest as im no longer using that software. My PC is only a 1.1 though. What do I need to do to improve the conversion rate?

Woz

2. dvlax28

dvlax28 Member

i was getting about 3 frames a second and i have a celeron 1.8GHz with 480 megs of ram

theres gotta be a faster converter software

3. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

I'd say there is but it is probably very expensive.
    Cucosoft is fast compared to some i've tried. Like TMPEGnc and honestech. And TMPEGnc never works right. By the looks of it, it is down to processing power.

4. lillygirl

lillygirl Member

I convert avi to dvd all the time on dvdsanta. it costs about $30. works wonderfully. Only bad thing: takes about 3 hours for conversion.

5. dvlax28

dvlax28 Member

awesome. so to convert all my 25 files of 350 megs its going to take 3+ hours each

so a minimum of (25*3=) 75 hours conversion time alone. not to mention dvd burning!

:(

6. lillygirl

lillygirl Member

Nope!! You got that wrong........... the whole movie all files together takes about 2-3 hours max. the point is that it does a wonderful job, good quality.

7. dvlax28

dvlax28 Member

Alright well what I was saying was that individual 350mb avi files, about 43 minutes each take 6 hours at 3.5 fps conversion. When I get higher it takes about 3 hours.

Doing them together makes no difference. The fps wouldnt suddenly rise, nor does the amount of frames I have decrease when I convert simultaneoulsy.

J

8. clown8

clown8 Member

the higher the processor spec the better the performance will be, thats absolutely true.
    CConverting AVI to DVD ( via mpeg ) is a long and painstaking process,especially if you want the highest quality.
    e.g : i run an PIV 2.6 Ghz with Hyperthreading, 1GB memory,7200 RPM harddisk, TMPgEnc version 2.5, still takes 8 to 12 hrs to convert an 700 MB avi to DVD,using the highest quality setting in TmpGenC ( VBR 2 pass, and 10 bits DC )

9. dvlax28

dvlax28 Member

this blows

10. Braves05

Braves05 Member

I am tryin to burn a dvd with nero and i need to kno what should i convert my avi files and mpeg file to vob files. i was told to use Advanced X video converter and it is takin forever. so if anyone has a a suggestion i would be happy to see it.

11. dvlax28

dvlax28 Member

from what i've learned-taking forever is the name of the game when it comes to converting video. its ridiculous and a tv show of 350mb takes me 3-6 hours...just for the video conversion.

i have no experience with VOB but if its taking anything near my conversion time, id just give up. i have.

j

12. Woz

Woz Regular member

I have looked into it quite a bit, my advice to anyone is probably to use WinAVI or DVD Santa. It does take a very long time to convert full stop, but obviously the faster the PC the faster the convert. Im upgrading my PC in the next few months so im gonna continue then...Watch this space!

Hope this is in some what helpful.

Woz