1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI - DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by stinger12, Apr 30, 2007.

1. stinger12

stinger12 Member

Hi guys sorry if I am posting in the wrong section or if this is not supposed to be posted again but I cannot seem to find what I am looking for.
    Here is the problemm:
    I am trying to convert about 10 or 11 AVI's to dvd and let it run overnight. The problem is that each AVI is about 250-300 megs in size and therefore at high quality (which is what I need) I can only fit about 3 on a dvd. Is there no program that one can automate to convert the files to dvd format and put them in a file on the hard drive so one can burn them later straight to disc when its finished. As we all know it takes time to convert so sure there must be some way to do this ?

Once the file is full with the converted AVI's it would obviously be quick to then just dump them on dvd. A matter of minutes compared to a matter of Hours.
    I am using Nero, Xilisoft AVI-DVD, Alcohol 120.
    Windows Vista Ultimate
    2Gigs Ram , 6700 Core 2 Duo,
    Thanks guys
    These are all Legal AVI's

2. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  3. stinger12

stinger12 Member

Thanks I will try that batch converter for convertx to dvd.

Regards

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Just a question: since a DVD player capable to read DivX is rather cheap now (so you can fit 4400 MB of DivX files in a Data DVD, that is about 12 movies instead of 3), why don't you buy one?
    In few DVDs you'll save as much money as it costs!