1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi encoding - Crashing Problems - XVID

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by fstln23, Jan 23, 2007.

1. fstln23

fstln23 Member

Hi everyone. Please listen carefully.

I've been using DVDsanta for the past 2 years to transfer my AVI XVID etc. files to dvd format and never had any problems until recently.

Every single movie or Avi file that i try to convert CRASHES on me. It has gotten me so stressed out. Ive been trying everything I can possibly find to solve the problem ( racking my brain )

Ive installed every codec known to man. Ive reformatted my computer, Ive tried using other programs such as avi2dvd convertxtodvd, and many other programs and the crashing still happens.

I check the files with AVICODEC, Gspot and AVIFIX , and it says the file is NOT corrupt and i DO have the correct codecs installed.

I have downloaded the k-lite codec packs ( full )

I have downloaded other codec packs as well. Still crashes.

I am now only using ffdshow and have uninstalled all other codecs.

I know that some codecs can interfere with others.. so i try to only use the most necessary ones.

I have an emachines computer ( t3256 series ) with 149 GB. and just upgraded to WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL.

Can someone Please offer me any suggestions on what i should do? or not do? Im usually really good at this kind of thing and can usually find solutions to all my problems on my own but i am stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Fstln23

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

when the crash happens there is a error code right? and this only happens with downloaded files right have you had any problems ripping a dvd to your hard drive, and thain burn to a dvd? also have you tryed doing a system restore to the day before the problem happend?

3. fstln23

fstln23 Member

I recently formatted my hardrive so doing a restore point wouldn't help.

It doesn't leave an error message. Dvdsanta and the other encoding programs i use just SHUT THEMSELVES DOWN without warning during the first 5 minutes of encoding.

I am able to play the videos in media players, vlc, divx player etc. It just seems like the problem is only durring the encoding to DVD process.

I am able to rip movies and burn them with my dvd burner. Its just AVI XVID files that are giving me a problem.

I have the windows professional edition now. It came preloaded with a bunch of different Codecs that are located in my windows SYSTEM 32 folder. I thought maybe some of those codec files were conflicting with the codecs that i installed. Ive tried disabling most of the codecs that were automatically installed on the computer.. but i didnt want to disable a codec that I possibly need for my computer to run or something.

4. fstln23

fstln23 Member

i just got this info from gspot

one of the files I am trying to convert. Told me i needed the following:

- - ** Problem ** ** File Missing:
    - - Type DSH
    - - Function Decoder
    DSH Friendly Name DivX Decoder Filter
    DSH DirectShow CLSID 4cc: divx {78766964-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    REG Merit 0x00800000

anyway to fix this?

5. MysticE