1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi file duration problem

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by zackmills, Mar 17, 2007.

1. zackmills

zackmills Member

I have a movie that I want to burn to DVD and when I play it in Windows Media Player, it lasts around 2 hours. However, it I try to burn it to DVD, it says it is over 6 hours in length! When I go to the properties of the file, it says the duration is over 6 hours.

Is there anyway to fix this to match how long the actual runtime is?

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Burning a file shouldn't result in any changes. It should be bit identical. Sounds like you are talking about converting. If so converting with what?

3. zackmills

zackmills Member

I used DVD Flick to burn. It goes through a process where it encodes the video, so is that converting?

In any case, I put a DVD-R in and it won't allow me to burn it because it thinks the file is over 6 hours long, when it is really just a bit over 2 hours. It is only 628MB, so there is no way it is over 6 hours long.

4. jonomog

jonomog Guest

Are you sure that this is a NEW PROJECT ?
    Some programs gather previous data and include it in the authoring process.
    Try deleting all old unwanted files in the software, then start a new project.
    I would appreciate it if you let me know how you get on.

5. zackmills

zackmills Member

Like I said earlier, if I go to where the file is saved and right click, go to properties, then to an advanced summary, it does said that the duration is 6:11:36. So DVD Flick is correct in recognizing the file is that long, when in actuality, it runs for 2 hours in WMP.