1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI file plays video/audio out of sync.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Fr0ggy, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Fr0ggy

Fr0ggy Guest

I've never had a problem playing XViD AVI files before but one I downloaded recently caused mine & my friends players to crash on exactly the same scenes no matter what player we used so I edited out these corrupted frames with VirtualDub but then found the audio was out of sync.

I then followed the below steps:

Opened the AVI file in Virtualdub. Clicked video - direct stream copy. Clicked audio - full processing mode. Then clicked audio again and interleaving. Then changed the startup delays of the audio track and then clicked file - save as AVI but found the file it produced was over a GIG which was WAY over it's original size..

What can I do to solve this problem ??? _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ribbit ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

If you set audio to full processing mode then you have de-compressed the audio. I dont see why you would need to decompress the audio in this situation though! Just let me say one thing, if its the lord of the rings : the two towers xvid version then you have a big big problem because those frames are very hard to remove!

3. Fr0ggy

Fr0ggy Guest

Yes it is the XViD version of Two Towers !

You must be psychic or something !!!

Anywayz, I edited out the corrupted frames as I said and it plays fine and then followed your advice to not decompress the audio which works great (I'm a newbie at video editing and have only had virtualdub for 2 days!) but am still having a few problems fine tuning the audio sync..

I'll get there hopefully !

Thanx for your help and any more advice you could offer would be great.

Fr0ggy

4. Dela

Try using avifixed to fix it instead because I couldnt fix the out of sync problem either!

5. Fr0ggy

Fr0ggy Guest

I tried using avifixed1_1b1en and it still didn't work and was just like the original file I was trying to audio sync !

WTF ???

Oh well, back to the drawing board !

Thanks for the advice anyway ! :)

Fr0ggy

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2003
  6. Dela

I really would think about another release if I were you, this one is infamous for its trouble!

7. Fr0ggy

Fr0ggy Guest

I would source another release but it's out of the question cos I'm only on a 56K !

I love this film and I've seen it twice at the cinema already so I don't see the point of downloading a different version..

I'll just keep battling on cos I've got other fish to fry !

Thanks for the help anyway. ;)

Fr0ggy

8. Fr0ggy

Fr0ggy Guest

One more thing before I go.

When you delete a few frames with virtualdub does it delete the audio for those frames as well ???

Fr0ggy

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2003
  9. Dela

Yes it does but beware, with vbr audio tracks the audio can sometimes fall out of sync later :S