1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi files- on nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by carpcrew, Oct 23, 2004.

1. carpcrew

carpcrew Guest

im in a mess, ive got nero 6 which i got with new dvd drive, ive got a few files in avi format, burned one to disc using nero burning rom se- but it wont play on home dvd player like other copy discs, but plays on pc. the nero oem suite has dvd plugin but was only on 30 day trial, is this my problem, expired.what do i need to get or do to stop me wasting discs. please help.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi carpcrew,

It would seem to me the solution is simple, either purchase Nero Suite so that you can use NeroVision OR use another proggy -

i.e. Take the AVI files you have and you'll have to run it through TMPGEnc to render it into an DVD compliant MPEG2 file then run it through TMPGEnc DVD Author to get your full VOB files (the VOB's you get from TMPGEnc aren't the correct format). Once you've done DVD Author, just burn to disc, DVD Author can burn it for you if you wish. If you're using Nero, use Nero Classic and select DVD Video -

Once you're done with TMPGEnc DVD Author DVD Shrink will pick up it's VIDEO_TS folder in a heartbeat :)

Cheers,

Pete