1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI files to a DVD; I want to play them on a DVD Player.

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by DrSteveH, Sep 14, 2007.

1. DrSteveH

DrSteveH Guest

OK. I am sure this "problem" is here somewhere. But I looked and really could not find a perfect solution.

I have about lots and lots of TV episode files in .wav format. I wish to burn them to a DVD and to be able to watch them on a commercial DVD player, and my car DVD player.

How does one do this? After burning, will it have a menu to watch each file? I am sure this is something that is commonly done, but cannot find the best solution.

Thanks.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

the .wav format is an audio (sound) format - it is the same format as used on regular pressed audio CDs, so I don't see how you can have TV episodes in that format.

3. DrSteveH

DrSteveH Guest

I'm sorry. I am an idiot. The format is avi.

4. DrSteveH

DrSteveH Guest

5. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

To convert avi files into regular DVD format, use a software converting program such as WinAVI Converter or TMPGenc Express. There are many others, but I have had best results with those two.

6. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

Use this software to convert to DVD and burn the resulting VIDEO_TS folder to DVD with ashampoo burning studio.Select burn movies and select he second option.