1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi files to dvd (the best way)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lfx, Sep 4, 2004.

1. lfx

lfx Member

Right i have some avi files on my harddrive and ive been following guilds, downloading all in one programs like winavi dvdsanta etc etc to make my avi files to dvd and well.. the quality sucks! it all becomes blockie in black scenes and other scenes to.

I tryed the TMPG Encoder and TMPG DVD Authoring and well the qaulity is ok but it takes too long.

So could some of you tell me what the best all in one programs are, i also need a all in one that had features like cropping, resizing etc etc Thx

BTW: i have a mate of a mate who does this and he users 1 tool that converts the avi file to dvd and in that program he can crop, resize add multi files for a multi dvd and also do dvd authoring, (he wont tell me the program hes using tho) :(

Thanks,
    Lfx
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Whats a DVD?
    confused yet?
    its a joke![/small]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well that is the Thing...If you want Quality you have to do more work than if you don"t care about Quality...

You can cut the encodeing Time down quite a Bit by useing a good quality Fast encoder, Like the MainConcept Encoder..It is as good for Quality as Tmpgenc but it is 3 to 5 times faster than Tmpgenc....

Cheers

3. lfx

lfx Member

Thanks mate... Mainconcept MPEG seems to be cool and only takes under 2hrs to encode :p it also has a crop function ^^ but you cant see the movie to crop it so you have to guess lol.

Thanks anyway,
    LFX