1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI Info not working

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by f00bar, Aug 17, 2004.

1. f00bar

f00bar Member

When I try to run AVI Info (right click on .avi and pick avi info) windows brings up the "choose program you want to open this file with window". If I browse for avi info it says I need to do the above procedure to run it.
    I haven't run the program in a while and the only change I can think of that may screw it up was installing xp sp2. Reinstalling avi info doesn't help either.
    Anyone else with this problem and got it to work?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Avi Info would list codec info and the like? If so try AviCodec, from the software section.

Also a long list of programs has been released, all which dont work, or work improper with SP2! I can smell lawsuits!

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Bingo (me too), it's f*cked.
    I have 135 backup AVIs, and right-clicking any of them to select 'properties' would cause my Win SP2 install to lock up heavily.
    Nothing would happen (no properties displayed) but ctrl/alt/del would show 100% CPU usage for Explorer, only cure is reboot :-(
    And not much of a 'cure' (only temporary) at that...
    So it's fresh install, SP1 for me, I'll wait till the dust settles a little more!
    Nothing wrong with Dela's nose ;-)
    Regards

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

SP2 had some problem with DivX too. no known problem with xvid as i know right now