1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI joined/DVD-Santa/Sound Loss Problem

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by astgtciv, Jan 14, 2005.

1. astgtciv

astgtciv Member

Hi,
    I am experiencing the following problem:

I have a film in two AVI parts (div3, ac3). I have joined them with VirtualDub (setting the Source Video, Source Audio settings). The resulting AVI plays fine in BSPlayer. I then encoded the AVI with DVDSanta and burned it with Nero.

In the resulting DVD (when played with WinDVD), the sound disappears right in the place where the two AVIs were joined! Any idea as to what is going on?

I though about doing "full audio processing" in VirtualDub during the join, but it told me that it cannot find the filter to decode the audio (or something to that effect). Do I have to install something else to go that way?

Thank you!!!

2. bern2707

bern2707 Member

i have just had a sound problem with dvd santa, I converted season 6 simpsons on to dvd, It starts of perfect, after about 10 miniuts in to each episode i loose sound, I have managed to sort out episode 1 by going on advanced settings, and lowering the box that says 47.00000----- to 42.00000---, but when it starts on the next episode, It gose back to 4700000--, And the sound goes again, You may have to do your film in to halfs and change this box lower as suggested, I hope this is of some use, Im still trying to sort out my problem