1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi Movie to CD? To Dvd? How?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Alanj72, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Alanj72

Alanj72 Guest

Hi all,

This is my 2nd trip in here ( my first resolved a problem that I could not have figured out without you guys).

I have looked around and have gotten a whole bunch of information from all kinds of places ( so much so that I am now confused) and I don't know which way to go with this.

I have an .AVI movie on my hard drive( in 2 parts ) that I would like to put in my dvd player on my home entertainment system ( Pioneer DV333 ). I have burned DVD movies using DVD shrink to put an image on my drive and then used Nero 6 to burn from the image to a DVD-R with my Pioneer recorder 107.
    My problem is WHAT do I burn? a CD or a DVD and how do I get it from .AVI to what I can burn. I'm a little older than most of you guys here so I'm maybe a little slower in the understanding bit. That's why I'm confused. You can make jokes if you want.

I don't need the best quality or sound, just something watchable from my home theater set-up through my dvd player ( not concerned about 5.1 and all that ( even if it IS p[ossible).
    With Nero 6 and/or dvd shrink can I go from avi to a format that will allow me to make a disc or 2, or 3? to be able to watch the movie?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

2. aldav45

aldav45 Member

Hi Al, how u doin?
    I use a program called Cucusoft AVI to DVD converter for that stuff. I had a post a while back which scubapete answered all my questions (which by the sound of things are almost the same),
    Convert to dvd then burn with nero (video_ts)
    have a look around and you'll probably find my post.
    good luck mate and happy burning.

3. Alanj72

Alanj72 Guest

Hey thanks. That sounds like a winner!!
    I did see that name Cucusoft avi in my searching somewhere. So THAT'S the ticket.
    Thanks a lot

4. Alanj72

Alanj72 Guest

Just an update. I used the program you mentioned. Took a very long time but have changed the 1st part image to dvd and have put it into NeroVision ( 'cause somehow I couldn't pull out the VOB files etc.) and the 2nd part is still converting with 2 hours to go. I guess with NeroVision I can drop the 2nd part after the 1st part and burn to DVD? Never done this before so I'm hoping. Certainly a learning experience. A lot more involved than CD writing, that's for sure.
    hanks for the info. It was a long haul, but I figure the results will be pretty good.

5. daba

daba Guest

Hi Al,

Yes you can import 2 VOB files in NeroVision and burn them on a single disc (provided the total size is 4.37 GB max).

Notice you can also import your AVI files directly in NeroVision and have it convert them to VOB and burn them. But maybe you'll get a better image quality with Cucusoft.

6. Alanj72

Alanj72 Guest

Oh I didn't realize that. Looks like I'm going to acquaint myself with nero's dvd burning features.