1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi/mpeg/rm movies to dvd to play on player advice

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by killer37, Nov 24, 2004.

1. killer37

killer37 Member

hi, could any of you guys help me out. i want to know if its possible to convert avi/mpeg/rm movies that i have downloaded from the internet onto dvd format to play on my dvd player. i have nero, dvdxcopy, and a package of dvd programs i got about 1.4 gig which has rm to avi,mpeg,dvd,vcd, svcd, aurora video dvd burner, easy video converter, roxio easy cd and dvd creator, easy video creator, dvd decrypter,dvd shrink, nero express, nero 6.3, boilsoft avi to vcd,svcd,dvd converter thats the lot, the only 2 i know anything about is nero and dvdxcopy, the rest im clueless. if anyone can tell me anything that can help me if you can to get my movies onto dvd that be great. my system amd athlon xp 2400, 120g hd, 512 ddr 2100 ram, 16x pioneer 108 dvd writer, win xp pro sp1 many thanks in advance for any help.

2. lisamw

lisamw Member

yes its possible, i use cucusoft to convert my .avi's to dvd it doesnt produce the vobs but you get 2 files afterwords then ifoedit turns those into the vobs then i use nero 6 to burn it.
    your boilsoft video converting softwear may work the same as cucusof i'm not sure but if it does you would get 3 files after words .m2v .mpa and mpg (mpg isnt used in this process you can deleate it)
    download ifoedit, go to dvd author at the top then author new dvd. put the .m2v file where it says video and the .mpa where it says audio. click creat ifo's and once thats done open up nero select make a dvd video and add the vobs (make sure they're all in order) and burn to a dvd-r

3. lisamw

lisamw Member

yes its possible, i use cucusoft to convert my .avi's to dvd it doesnt produce the vobs but you get 2 files afterwords then ifoedit turns those into the vobs then i use nero 6 to burn it.
    your boilsoft video converting softwear may work the same as cucusof i'm not sure but if it does you would get 3 files after words .m2v .mpa and mpg (mpg isnt used in this process you can deleate it)
    download ifoedit, go to dvd author at the top then author new dvd. put the .m2v file where it says video and the .mpa where it says audio. click creat ifo's and once thats done open up nero select make a dvd video and add the vobs to the VIDEO_TS folder (make sure they're all in order) and burn to a dvd-r