1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi on ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by laststar, May 23, 2007.

1. laststar

laststar Guest

hey, im wanting to play avi files off an external hhd through my ps2 so i can watch them on the tv, is this possible and if so how would i do it? please any help would be great,

2. happyf18

happyf18 Member

Its possible. my friend has the mod on his.

3. laststar

laststar Guest

thats good to hear that its possible, do you have any idea what the mod is? and how to do it?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

do you have a fat PS2 (cvan use a memory card exploit called SMS media player) or a slimline PS2 (would most likely need something like a DMS4 Pro modchip that will allow you to load exploits like SMS)
    Persoanlly i have never done it with a PS2 since my Xbox will play AVI and many other formats through Xbox Media Center.
    Plus my DVD player can play from a USB device.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  5. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

I believe AR Max Evo. will play them. Not sure. Although you could use AR Max Evo to run an elf file. So the SMS Media player may not be out of the question for a slim. You will need to purchase the product though, it should only be $30 at most. I have modded my neibors console using AR Max Evo just have never tried running that elf file before. If is something you are interested in let me know and I will get the elf file and try it out before you buy AR Max Evo.

6. squewheet

squewheet Member

Hey where can I get that elf file. I use a swapmagic.elf file and another elf file that someone made and i been wanting to watch my movies but i can't in my ps2. So where can i get that .elf file.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

Last edited: May 24, 2007