1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi or mpeg to dvd-r

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cbjargon, Feb 8, 2005.

1. cbjargon

cbjargon Member

hey those avi files say that they are unsupported and incompatable when i try to drag them to the tmpeg software program that is the message i get. so now what im trying is to download the movies in mpeg format so i can TRY to burn them on my dvd burner so i can put 6 movies on one disc so i can watch it on my dvd player by tv and not pc -- sounds simple and it looks simple but it just wont burn it keeps on ejecting the disc and says there are errors on it and it is a brand new dvd 4.7 disc from the middle of the stack?

but get this -- i was able to record on to one dvd (data) disc and i put an avi movie on there some software programs, some ms works files and some url links and it worked and read the disc when i went to open it and it did load and open.

1 x [200 Pack] Grade A 1X-4X - 4.7GB DVD-R
    buslink dvd burner

bottom line- i want to convert my avi file discs to dvd-r or get the movies in mpeg format to burn on a dvd -r and watch them in my dvd player hooked up 2 tv?

so please forums -- pimp my burner!!

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member