1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI plays fine on laptop, out of sync on Divx player

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by djpoxy, Dec 22, 2004.

1. djpoxy

djpoxy Member

Please help me with this issue, it is doing my head in!! I have a number of Avi files that I have burnt to dvd+r to watch on my tv. The majority of them play fine with no sync issues, yet a few lag by 2 or 3 secs and as you could appreciate, it is bloody frustrating. As far as I can tell, the audio lag maintains a consistent gap throughout the entire file. All AVI files play correctly on my laptop, whether it be through windows media player, divx player etc. I thought I could alleviate this problem by buying a divx player and simply burning the avi files as data, hence this would not involve any conversion, just a straight copy of the original file. No luck... The same audio lag prevails. Once again, the avi's that I have burnt as DVD+r's and data discs play perfectly on various divx players on my computer. PLEASE HELP!!

2. buraku

buraku Member

what type of player do you have? i use a dvp642 and when i experience lag i press the system menu button twice and the problem usually dissappears. if i still am having a problem then i resync the audio using virtual dub. also try dvd-r to record to.

3. djpoxy

djpoxy Member

Thanks 4 the reply. I have a Zensonic 330 and considering it's a fairly cheap player, I'm not expecting miracles from it. The main problem is that the audio plays fine on the computer hence I wouldn't know how to resync it as it is already in sync. You know what I mean? I have tried burning it to dvd +r as my burner only burns +r and the result is exactly the same as with a data burn straight to dvd/cd. I will see if the player has any features to resync it as per your suggestion. Any other ideas?? Cheers!

4. buraku

buraku Member

man, the only other things i can think of is to check and see if the audio within your divx files is vbr or cbr. some players have problems with vbr audio and you can change this by exporting the audio and re-encoding to cbr. another thing you may want to try is to check to make sure your player has the latest firmware upgrade. you could also try burning the avi at a slower speed on your dvd writer. or you can remux the audio and video streams using direct stream copy in vdub. i just dont know much about this player.

5. djpoxy

djpoxy Member

Will do, thanks for your help once again. I'll let you know how I go. Cheers.

6. danza108

danza108 Member

hey guys i have hte same problem, i have used gspot and figured out that my divx player doesnt like cbr, and t will go out of sync.

so i was wondering how do i convert my divx avis from cbr into vbr? is there a step by step guide on the net somewhere.

thanks