1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI Plays for few seconds and stops

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by pmflood1, Aug 24, 2003.

1. pmflood1

pmflood1 Member

I have Divx and i dl Hulk off kazaa... it plays for like 7 seconds and stops! i have gspot and it say bad chunk in a/v whatever that is.. help me...

oh btw its (TMD)Name.....whats a tmd?..i notice when i dl matrix and it had tmd beside its name it did the same thing a stop after fews seconds..

Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Ok, were not allowed to post anything related to piracy :).

Now on to your problem. You can try and fix this several ways.

1. Download Virtualdubmod and load the avi into the program. Get into the video menu and select Direct Stream Copy. Make sure that direct stream copy is selected in the audio menu as well. Then resave the file. Hopefully this will fix up the problem.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdubmod.cfm

2. If the above process didnt fix the problem, then load the original avi into vdubmod again and in the video menu highlight scan and then select scan video stream for errors. Im sure youll find some errors, so after vdub finishes scanning the video you can choose to either delete the bad frames or mask them. Try both and see which works better for you.

3. Finally, and this is probably the easiest way to try and fix the problem. Download AviFixed and load the movie into it. Then press Fix. (Note: Make a backup of the original beofre doing this since the output might be corrupt.)
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifix.html

Good Luck.__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is but a dream...so wake me up already!!![/small]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well this also could be another issue where someone has got a tmd movie that only plays for a few seconds because it was purposely corruped. Its been happening with mp3 and some movies on kazaa!