1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi problems spliting

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by helpless, Jan 21, 2003.

1. helpless

helpless Guest

ive tried v dub and it wont play back in sync.ive messed with the audio interleave settings and that didnt work.its off sync in the beginning and the end, but fine in the middle. i cant open it with "temp" either

2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

Just for more clarification, the AVI;

Is it the original or did this happen after encoding it, ripping it to CD, splitting it, etc...

Is it DIVX or XVID etc...

3. helpless

helpless Guest

i got the file off a web site and it says it an xvid. it plays fine with windows media player, and it happens when im trying to split it so i can burn it onto 2 disk for my dvd.the file is 701 mb but when i use nero to burn it, it makes the file too big.

4. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

You could try pulling the audio out of the avi split it and then feed the audio back in. Or since the avi is so close to being a decent size you may look at trying to just split the ending credits off. Also, so we don't miss the basics, you do know to split the movie at key frames right?

5. helpless

helpless Guest

yes i did that but it still didnt work.my comp crashed last night and i had to re-install all my programs. i was looking for virtual dub, and at their site they had a program called mp3 freeze or something like that, and it described the problem i was having, will be fixed with that program. however, now virtual dub will not open an xvid since i re-installed the program.any suggestions? i dl a codec pack, am i missing something?

6. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

When you look at your video codecs under vdub do you see XVID? I'd say where to look but I'm work and don't have the program here. Unfortunately even though you may have installed the codec it may not have taken, I'd download the stable version of xvid and try installing it again.

7. EnjoyNow

EnjoyNow Guest