1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.avi STRAIGHT to DVD

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by dschiavi, Oct 3, 2008.

1. dschiavi

dschiavi Member

I have a bunch of xvid encoded .avi files big in size anywhere from 1.5gig to 4gig. I have been burning them successfully with Toast Titanium on my MBP, however the encode process takes forever. Can someone suggest a "straight to DVD" method of burning my movies as i plan to make many copies of each. Should I convert all my movies to mpeg2 DVD format and each time I need a copy i can use toast without the encode process? Or is there a fast way of copying 1 dvd to another with two seperate DVD drives? Any help would be appreciated!

Regards

dave

2. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

CONVERTX2DVD.............THE BEST AVI 2 DVD SOFTWARE THERE IS. (PERIOD)...Sike, but I think it is.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

It depends on what end result you want. If you are intending having standard dvd's which will play on any standalone dvd player then you will need to author them in a standard dvd format.. and that will take a good time. It always does (unless you run a supercomputer like me ;) Toast probably accepts avi format as input, and should allow an iso file for output instead of burning only one... (I did have a quick look for a freeware dvd-mac authoring app.. and only found things costing $1,200+)
    .........and then just burn that as many times as you want.

Not sure what noobins is trying to prove spamming the windows payware program. It isn't the best dvd authoring application by a long way.. dvd-styler is the closest to a professional app in the freeware world ;).. but sadly they don't make a mac version. There may be a mac version of dvdauthor or qdvdauthor.. both open source so in theory you could have a go at building your own.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2008