1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI - SVCD Too Big

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by alntht, Aug 10, 2003.

1. alntht

alntht Guest

I followed the guide on burning DivX to VCD, except I used SVCD setttings. Everyting looks ok, but the file size is 7,500,000 kb. Way too big for me. How can I get a file size that puts the movie in 2 CD-Rs?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Seems like TMPGEnc over estimated the size again, click setting and click the advanced tab, select source range then double click it. Click "Move to start frame" and click "set start frame" then click "move to end frame" and click "Set end frame". Then click OK and try the encoding again!

3. alntht

alntht Guest

I tried that and the file size came out to a tad over 2 gig. Is there any way to get it to 1.4 gig so I can put it on two cd's. It's about 1 hour and 45 minutes long. If I can't get it to 2 cd's some how, it's not worth it.

4. Dela

Where you using the project wizard and cbr or vbr??

5. alntht

alntht Guest

I didn't use the wizard last time, since it gave me a 7 gig MPG. I don't know about the cbr or vbr..I don't remember that option or I would have chosen vbr (i'm assuming that means variable bit rate).

6. alntht

alntht Guest

I've found the cbr option, but it is the only choice. No option for vbr. I used the wizard and it says that it will fit it onto an 80 min CD-R... I used an already cut in half AVI. My problem is that I didn't give room for the audio. Is the wizard taking into account the audio already in the AVI? It's mp3. Thanks again.

7. Dela

80 minutes on a cd? that is a vcd mate!