1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to DVD A/V sync problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by amorgnob, Feb 15, 2008.

1. amorgnob

amorgnob Member

Hello, Please help,
    I have a AVI file that ive been trying to burn to a DVD. When i watch the video on my PC before i burn it its fine, exelent quality, audio and video. But when i burn the file (using Nero 7 Ultra) and play it back on the computer or the dvd player it flickers at the begining of the movie and knocks the sound ahead of the video by about a minute. I have no clue what to do. I have AVI2DVD and DVD Decrypter when i try to decrypt the file it makes it to audio correction and then pops up with a "File access denied" error. I dont understand, can anyone please help me? I'm new to forums in general so im not really used to these things. But if anyone could help me out, it'd be awesome...

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If it's out the same amount start to finish, try AviMux_Gui. Open the avi in AviMux_Gui and select generate data. Below, highlight audio and any delay may appear to the right. If other than 0 appears, select start, name and place the new file as you wish and encode the new file, only takes a minute or two: http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/ (vl 17.7 binary) You'll rarely see any delay in the original avi on your pc, I check all mine first. And slow your burns down to 4x or 1/2 the rated speed of the media. You may prefer this to Nero, haven't used it but understand it's very good and free too: http://beginwithsoftware.com/videoguides/dvd-flick-guide.html

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  3. amorgnob

amorgnob Member

Ok, I tried the avimux and when i highlighted the audio the delay was 0. Do you know anything else it may be? I also tried DVD Flick encrypted the file and made an iso burned it and the audio and video was together but the it was in black and white and the picture was scrolling up like the v hold was off on a old skool tv...I have no clue whats goin on, ive never had problems like these b4, please help if you have any thoughts or ideas lemme know...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

No idea but if AviMux_Gui says 0, it won't help anything. Maybe a Corrupt file???

5. amorgnob

amorgnob Member

I dont know, ive pretty much given up hope, ive tried everything i can think of and any help anyone else has to offer and nothing seems to work so i guess ill just keep it saved to my pc and hope nothing happens to the file. I appreciate all the help...but if anyone thinks of anything else that would be great...thanx

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you say that the avi file plays great before you burn with nero! are you wanting to convert the file to vob so you can burn to dvd? nero is not the best converter for that, you might want to use convertxtodvd it is the best by far, you also say that you have avitodvd and dvd decrypter you don't need dvd decryptor it has allready been done,

7. amorgnob

amorgnob Member

Ok i finally got it to work, i used dvd flick and slowed it down to 4x and changed it from PAL to the other one and it works fine. I appreciate all the help.