1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd audio problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by faggio, Apr 22, 2005.

1. faggio

faggio Member

I have a few avi files which i burnt to dvd using nero vision express. The orignal files were lined up correctly with the audio. When i converted it to dvd the sound was way out of line. Does anyone know why this happens, or perhaps knows a better program to convert from avi to dvd?

2. swantony

swantony Member

Hi, your problem has to do with how the avi file you wish to convert is encoded. If it has VBR, it means that the bitrate of the avi is various and not constant (CBR) during the video. When you wish to keep audio and video synchronised after the conversion, you'll have to strip the audio from the avi file using virtualdub (when you open the avi in virtualdub,you should immediately be warned if the video has VBR, and it's explained what to do when this situation occures)

Then i use tmpgenc xpress to convert avi to dvd and i use the uncompressed wave file as my audio input for the conversion.

greetz