1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd audio problems need help please

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by shand617, Jan 16, 2005.

1. shand617

shand617 Member

I followed the guide to convert avi to dvd. Used TMPGenc and Ifoedit. Then used Nero Burning Rom. Did this 3 times and each time the video was perfect but no audio. I know I followed the guide correctly. There is audio on the avi file because the file plays perfectly on my computer.
    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

When you converted did you extract the avi sound file. I usually use virtual dub. Then when you encode you have to remember to select the sound file you created even though the original file will be selected by default.

3. shand617

shand617 Member

Yes I did that.

4. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

So you created an mpeg files that works with the audio on your computer. Maybe there is something in the burning settings that isn't right. Thats weird. I've never come across a problem like this.

I didn't know Nero Burning Rom supported Dvd. I thought it was just for cd's.

5. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

you converted the audio of your avi file to WAV with virtualdub and used that wav file as your audio source in tmpgenc yeh???

if you did all that and still no audio the only thing i can think of is....goto Option>>>enviromental setting..>>VFAPI plug-in...now right click on 'wave file reader' and raise the priority to 1 or 2 and see if that helps.

hope this helps.

all the new versions of nero support dvd burning...you must have an older version of nero thats all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2005
  6. halifax68

halifax68 Member

I am having a problem with audio after I convert avi files to dvd. Sometimes the audio does not fully match up with the movement of actors lips. It is usually only off a 1/4 second. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

7. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  8. shand617

shand617 Member

What I finally did was was Cucusoft AVI Converter Pro and then IFOedit and that worked. I couldn't get it done using TMP.

9. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Probably because TMPGenc doesn't support compressed audio and Cucusoft does. But if you do with BeSweet VirtualDub__extracted sound (Audio__direct stream copy) ---> MP2 it works!

10. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I have found videos that wouldn't convert with Tmpgenc and would with Cucusoft no matter what I did with the compressed sound.

11. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Interesting..I have an almost 100% succesful rate of conversion (<100% due to the presence of some corrupt movies...)

12. shand617

shand617 Member

Sounds like a lot more work using TMP then Cucusoft which I have now used 4 times with 100% sucess. Don't know if the quality would be better with TMPas I haven't been that sucessful with it.