1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd but audio/video aren't linked

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ives, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Ives

Ives Member

Help I'm new to this. Used nero vision to burn avi to dvd but audio is either behind or ahead of video. What do I do?????????

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

was the file in sync before you started your burn? you might try using virtuldub to fix the sych problem

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If the audio is out a set amount on the encoded file (constant) even though the origonal file plays fine on your pc, try creating a new file to encode: http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/ Usually fixes things for me but only for a constant delay and not gradual. Drag your origonal file into the top window of AviMux_Gui, highlight it, select generate data and in the lower window, highlight the audio that appears and any delay in ms will appear to the right. If other than 0 appears, select start and encode that new file; only takes a minute or two.

4. Ives

Ives Member

file was not in sync b4 I tried to burn. I don't understand how to use virtualdub so I can try & fix the problem. Can u give me instructions on how 2 use it?

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Not sure on VirtualDub but AviMux_Gui should fix your origonal file and give you a new one to encode whether the origonal is out of sync or not if the sync issue is a constant one. Edit: found this for VirtualDub: Open the AVI
    Audio>Interleaving
    Type a value in the Skew control box.
    Click ok.
    Audio>Direct Stream Copy.
    Video>Direct Stream Copy.
    File>Save as AVI (give it a new name for safety).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007