1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI. to DVD choppy playback, help?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Kaztruk, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Kaztruk

Kaztruk Member

I am trying to encode an avi. file to burn on a dvd. I am using vso dvix to dvd to encode, and dvd lab to create a menu and then burning the video files to dvd with clone dvd. I am assuming it is a software problem, because I have no problems when I use anydvd/clonedvd to copy a dvd. My CPU is up to speed and I am using sony media (which have been great to me those far)

Every avi I try to play the menu works but has choppy playback to the point where it is every couple seconds. Is there a fix with the software I have or is tmpeg the way to go (the programs I am using are free or I have paid for)

Thanks in advance

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Try to extract the audio from the input AVI with VirtualDub, convert it to 'MP2 for DVD' with BeSweet and use it whey you author your DVD (don't use the input movie's audio). This might work.

3. Kaztruk

Kaztruk Member

It was the software, I switched to winavi and it works perfectly, and took less time nonetheless. Thanks regardless.