1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd help-- burn times differ from other progs

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by deadone36, Dec 7, 2007.

1. deadone36

deadone36 Member

hi all..

i have converted 4 avi files with winavi then used dvd shrink to make 1 complete dvd. ( 4 episodes of st voyager ).
    my question is when i burn using ashampoo burning studio it takes about 20-30 mins to complete and works fine.
    when i burn and use nero vision because i have also created my own menus to add to the final dvd with what each episode is etc it still works fine but why does it take 2 hours to burn.
    please help me, i would realy like to add my own persoanl menus so i no what each episode is etc but its taking far 2 long to copy..

again big thanx and look forward to your replies in helping me out.

regards
    mick

2. griffoone

griffoone Guest

Simpl use the faster program if you have no problems

3. deadone36

deadone36 Member

hi m8, well that aint much in the way of helping me realy is it. but yeah i do agree its one option but i would still like to add my own menus

4. TRFD

TRFD Member

I read in your message that you want to add your own menus. but if you are not bothered about menu creation the best program i have found to convert is convert x to dvd. I have receently converted six episodes of a telvision show on to a 4.7 gig dvd disc and i could still play it on my dvd player each episode was 45 minutes long.you can also add your own gif,jpeg and a few other formats and change your font style but i dont think you can add animated menus. i hope this helps a little bit

5. deadone36

deadone36 Member

yeah trfd i have tried that and its pretty good, like you i have episodes of voyager that i did it with but i want to add menus for each episode.

thanx for the reply tho m8

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

you say burn with nero do you mean encode avi to dvd AND! burn takes 2 hours? [just burn at 4x about 12 mins? any app...]

--------------------

like you know some apps are faster than others, i also rate ConvertXtoDVD as awesome with basic menu, oh by the way i use 6x avi at 350meg each to dvdr with basic menu, would even try 7x next go me thinks...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  7. deadone36

deadone36 Member

hi, if i convert from avi to dvd 4 epidodes takes roughly 20mins, then using dvd shrink i convert all 4 into 1 . all that is ok but when i go to burn the dvd that was made from dvd shrink at 4x it's between 2-3 hours to copy.

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

2 to 3 hours just to burn aint right?

9. deadone36

deadone36 Member

indeed m8 thats exactly what i was thinking, but its only that long if i add menus from within nero. if no menus then burn time is usually about 15-20 minutes. i dont mind not having the manus in it but i would prefer to have them

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

need your nero log pasted here to read it... (with menus is 2/3 hours) never known this one before???

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  11. deadone36

deadone36 Member

ok m8 i will try and copy 1 over the weekend then ill post the log for ya

12. mickymens

mickymens Member

Hello????
    Can any one show me how to configure this settings in the AVI2DVD by trust FM. Its where it says Choose AudioStream. Mine is blank. Nothing at all in all the three options. Any clues, please?
    Michael

13. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

avi2dvd is very buggy, so i use TFM (The FilmMachine - free app also) now which has better succes rates...

check that file in GSPOT dude it may not have audio then?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007