1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI TO DVD HELP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by agentREC, Feb 16, 2007.

1. agentREC

agentREC Member

When I convert avi files to dvd/mpeg using cucusoft and then burn them with the same program to dvd and play them on my home dvd there is choppy sound and choppy video! What can I do to stop this???

When I play the avi videos on my comp before conversion they are totally fine????

HELP!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

could be bad media, burning to fast, doing to many things while you are burning,

3. agentREC

agentREC Member

Thanks, I have been trying to use winAVI to convert files now, seems to work better but 9 times out of 10 it says the program has encountered an error and must shut down. I will burn on 1x speed. Any thing else? What program do you use to convert and burn?

Thanks again

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Burn at 4x; too slow is as bad as too fast. A good rule to follow is to burn at 1/2 the rated speed of the media. In my opinion, the best 1 step program is VSO ConvertXtoDVD but the trial will put a watermark in your video.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  5. agentREC

agentREC Member

Thanks I'll try it out.

6. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

I use DVD santa. It's kinda of old but it does the trick everytime. Converts then perfectly and it's no choppy at all. Cucosoft sucks I must say...