1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd nero

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by hmpa21, Dec 7, 2004.

1. hmpa21

hmpa21 Member

I´m using "nero express2" to cenvert avi into dvd the program is very easy to use, the image quality is great, i can coose the bitrate (cool) but, the sound always come 5 seconds later after the image.
    Can anyone tell me what to do? should i use a diferent program ??
    txs

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Have you tried a slower write speed? This has been known to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. JasonnB

JasonnB Member

I didn't know you could use NERO to convert avi to DVD.

How is this working for you all?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  4. jrisch

jrisch Member

I guess they are using NeroVision Express which is a simple DVD authoring program. You can load an AVI or MPEG, edit it, and write out a DVD.

5. jonny17

jonny17 Member

i am using nero for the first time, and i am having a problem in nero express wen converting avi format movies to dvd. It wont allow it because it says nero does not support this format, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks : )

6. redddd

redddd Guest

jonny17 it sounds like you need to retrive the proper codecs for the media a good selection of codecs can be found here-----> http://www.avi-dvd.com/codec.asp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2004
  7. Nicklo007

Nicklo007 Member

i'm haveing some probs too......when i put my avi into nero vision express the avi turns out massive....these files are only 2o mins long and 200mb each....but i can only fit 5 onto 1 dvd....any help is appreciated

8. jonny17

jonny17 Member

thanks redd, i got it all working great be4 your thread using a programme called (dvd santa) its great 3 clicks and ur avi's are converted into bob. ifo etc...
    i am having one little problem tho, i have created my dvd but the audio is a couple of seconds infront of the video, any more help would be again greatfully appreciated, jonny : )

9. jonny17

jonny17 Member

I am also having problems backing up dvds i ripped I Robot to my HDD and am know trying to put it onto a DVD+RW disk but the problem is its only 4.7gb and the video ts folder is 7.1gb i was woundering if any one knows how to make this fit thanks :)

10. xncfcx

xncfcx Member

hey i'm having the same problem as Nicklo007 once i do all the converting i'm left with huge files and cant fit much onto the dvd is there anyway around this or am i just SOL?

11. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

I always use VSO Divxtodvd to convert my avi files then burn with nerovision express this works great.
    I burned 4 or 5 episodes of tv shows I had in avi format onto one dvd using this combo with great results.
    As for you jonny17 next time you should rip your dvds using clone dvd and slysoft anydvd. This will shrink the size to fit on a regular dvd.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  12. jonny17

jonny17 Member

i cloned it with dvd devypter, so is there no other way i can shrink this folder now thanks. jonny17 : )

13. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

14. jonny17

jonny17 Member

Thanks scum1 that worked perfect for fitting onto my 4.7gb disks. Jonny17 :)

15. chrisby

chrisby Guest

I had trouble with some audio/video sync problems if I chose a non-standard bitrate to transcode at, stick with standard choices and see what happens.