1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.avi to DVD not playable?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tanyaj77, Jan 18, 2007.

1. tanyaj77

tanyaj77 Member

I am new to this .avi business and am having some problems. My first disc I attempted worked flawlessly. My second and third however, did not.
    I started off with 8 .rar files. I then decompress all of them in order using WinRAR. I then end up with one .avi file.
    I transcode the .avi file using WinAVI Video converter. I then have one folder with an audio and video subfolder. In the video folder I have 2 VIDEO_TS folders and 5 VTS folders.
    I use NERO to burn these files and all is well until I try and play the DVD. It says not playable.
    I have tried several different types of media as well as 2 different DVD players. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. soapface

soapface Member

are you trying to play the dvd in a stand alone player??

if so, i have used dvd santa to convert my avi files to a dvd format, and have not had any issues. all files play perfectly in my stand alone player. (i did have 1 issue, which had to do with divx codec, but that had nothing to do with the software)

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

That don't sound right. The AUDIO_TS folder should be empty and the VIDEO_TS folder should have multiple VOBs, 2)IFOs, and 2)BUPs, no other folders.

4. tanyaj77

tanyaj77 Member

I have 2 VTS_01_0's, a VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2 and VTS_01_3 folder.
    Do you think it was an error with WinAVI Video converter?

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

A standard VIDEO_TS folder (movie with no menu) should look about like this.

[​IMG]