1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd oops what went wrong

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gunit2004, Jan 20, 2004.

1. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

i was following the guide on this site on how to copy an avi file to dvd but when i had converted it to dvd (which did take 12 hr and 40 mins)when it came to the part when u have to use ifoedit v0.96 the movie file i had converted would not work becase it was a mpg file what did i do wrong please please help me as it is now doing my head in thanks

2. burns

burns Member

To convert AVI file to DVD you need to encode to dvd compliant .MPG file which you already did. Then you need to convert or author the .MPG to .VOB file before you can burn it to dvd. I use two program for converting .mpg to .vob file, TEMPGenc Dvd Author and Dvd Architect.

3. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

thanks for the reply but im still stuk i have that dvd author u were on about i got it from this site but i dont no how to change from mpg to vob when i look for the video in that tmpgenc program its not there unless i select all programs and then it said that it cant take it sohow can i get this to work do i need to convert mpg to vob before i use tmpgenc if so how can i do this also that other program is it better than tmpgenc thanks for youe time

4. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

this is what i done so far i have converted the movie from avi to mpg useing tmpgenc now do i have to change it from mpg to vob before i can author it with ifoedit if so what do i need to change it from mpg to vob thanks a lot i no i must be thick but please help me thanks

5. burns

burns Member

TMPGenc DVD Author is the program for converting from mpg to vob file. The TMPGenc to convert AVI to MPG and MPG to VOB are different programs. Here is the link for TMPGenc DVD Author trial version.

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda.html

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Mpeg2 and Vob are the Same thing pretty much, It is the DVD authoring Program that Turn the Mpeg file into Vob files but once it has converted the Mpeg to a Vob ,Ifo & Bup all that needs to be done is you Burn the Files to DVD...I don"t Think IFO Edit is what you need..If you Load the Mpeg file into "Tmpgenc DVD author" and use it to set up your Menu"s and Chapters it will then Create a "Video_TS Folder" in this Folder are the Vob files and IFO and BUP files..After Tmpgenc DVD author creates this Folder it just has to be Burned to DVD-R in DVD-Video Mode, Tmpgenc DVD author should also do that...So Once again all you need to do is Load the Mpeg file into Tmpgenc DVD author to Make your DVD ,No need for IFO Edit...Cheers