1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to DVD: playback good in PC; image clipped in external player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Kshl, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Kshl

Kshl Member

Hi.

I've learned quite a bit from reading the useful guides and forums here. I'm 90% of the way there, I suspect. However, I still can't clear the final hurdle in creating DVDs of AVIs:

I'm using TMPGEnc Plus to create separate video and audio files. I use DVD-lab Pro to make the VOBs/IFOs and finally Nero to burn the disc. (All using the guides found here, which are excellent)

When I test the DVD using PowerDVD, perfect image. When I bring it to my PS2 (new model), the screen image is clipped on all sides by about 10%. Tried it in another DVD player (APEX) connected to the same TV, same deal. I've tried messing with every single setting in both DVD players and the TV as well, but I'm guessing that it's an encoding issue because the behavior is the same on both DVD players.

And I'm stumped. Even though I feel like I've read every document on this site, I can't find the answer. Any advice? Or just a place to start looking?

Thanks much.

-Kurt

2. boarder80

boarder80 Member

I'm also have stupid problem with DVD Lab and Nero burning. Are there any alternative compilation programs? My copy of DVD Lab produces movies with totally messed up audio (it plays way too fast) and it won't even play on my Stand alone. It works fine on PC and Xbox.