1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI TO DVD - steps please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bru8002, Apr 5, 2004.

1. bru8002

bru8002 Member

I have movies in AVI format and would like to watch them on my DVD player. Please help.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Please read the threads and guides available here to find answers to your questions -

THEN when you get stuck come back for specific help.

I wouldn't be so short with a Newbie but we ask at the beginning of this forum to read first - your question has been handled several times in the past week -

Your answers lie in the guides we offer at the top of each page -

Pete

3. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

Nero Recode seems to do the trick for me

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

As Tony the Tiger would say, "GREAT"!!

5. john179

john179 Active member

Has Pete said just follow the great guides you get.One thing though the guides on show are not the easiest way to go.Check googles for the latest conversion software which is much easier.Obviously Pete is a senior member and does not have the time to pass on of his vast experience so you will have to stick with us newbies
    Cheers

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Did it ever cross your mind that Pete doesn't get paid to do this? I'd suggest having a bit of gratitude for someone who tried to help you on his own damn time. The world doesn't owe you anything - the sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You seem to be making some pretty rash judgments there john179 -

Do you really think that laziness to the Nnnnnttthh degree should be encouraged ??

We ask that you check threads before posting for a reason, your question may well have been answered, time and time again.

FYI. On that particular night I answered that exact same question 3 times prior to bru8002 posting his query (Two threads were started one after the other). Within the past week I answered that question nemours times.

I'm here to enjoy myself not to hold hands or wipe noses. Most of us have had to learn the hard way, working hour after hour teaching ourselves by trial and error. We’re here to save you some of that time and a lot of the hassles BUT, we expect you to show you’re interested - by at least READING and trying, at least a tiny bit, on your own.

When you get stuck, we’re here to help but if you’re sooo lazy you can’t be bothered to take a few minutes and check other threads or, download a program and guide and give it a whirl then please, explain to me, why I should take my free time, my fun time, and work for you for nothing. We work for appreciation and gratification not because we’re someone’s slave. I have no problem helping others with their difficulties BUT I expect that you will at least attempt to make an inroad yourself.

I’ve read all 17 of your posts and, for the most part, you have been quite helpful. I would like to see you more deeply involved in the forum. You might find it a bit more challenging to try other programs though. I will guarantee you one thing, should you spend hours catching up on 30 or 40 Emails a day it wouldn’t be long before a day would come when you would answer 5 posts and 3 of them would be requesting the same information and then I’d love to see if you wouldn’t start instructing Newbies to read first too -

- Pete -

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2004
  8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

See there Nephilim, that's what I was talking about - you posted that when I was still trying to get my 2 sticks to work, lol

Thank my friend :D)

"P"

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I used sticks for the last half! :D

10. john179

john179 Active member

I do get your drift and as for learning the hard way this is the way i did it myself.To be honest you get more fun and a sense of achievement if you teach yourself.I supose i was a bit harsh and for this i apologise i'm not one for rubbing people up the wrong way in this case i did please except my apologie.Obviously my main aim is to help others and when the need be get help from others
    Cheers John179

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

No worries my friend -

I read your other post in another thread and answered there but I'm going to repeat myself here -

Now it's your turn, stop back when you're free and help someone else - they'll appreciate it and it will make you feel better :)

You can then Welcome them into the Club :D

Best "O" luck John,

Pete

12. john179

john179 Active member

Thanks for that Pete will do my best to help where i can

Cheers john179

13. aldav45

aldav45 Member

bru8002,
    I use Cucusoft AVI to VCD/DVD converter. It's really easy to use but I' don't know if that's the best way to do it. There may be some other stuff out there that does it better, anyhow, the Cucusoft program has worked for me and I find its simplicity to be superb.
    hope this works for you mate.