1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to DVD via Tmpenc: Framerate problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nkuperw, Mar 13, 2003.

1. nkuperw

nkuperw Guest

I'm trying to put onto DVD a bunch of Samurai Jack episodes that are in avi format. I load the avi into tmpenc. To make sure i'm doing it correctly, I take about 20 seconds (only a couple minutes encoding time), author the resulting m2v and wav files using ifoedit and run the resulting vob using powerdvd to make sure everything went okay. The audio sounds great and the video looks great, but the video flies by (looks like it's been sped up... like the 24 fps is now running at 30 fps).
    Here's the kicker. If I save the audio elementry stream as mp2 instead of wav (same as m2a) it authors perfectly (using the above steps) and plays normally. So, my question, does anyone know why it works one way and not the other? I would prefer to use wav source instead of mp2 since it sounds a lot better.

thanks in advance for any help.

2. BossTom

BossTom Member

Use Ulead DvD Moviefactory 2 works like a champ, make sure you have all applicable codec's installed

Tom