1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi to DVD with Nero Vision 4.7.0.7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mfc1986, Jan 21, 2007.

1. mfc1986

mfc1986 Guest

I am using Nero Vision to convert avi to dvd, it works great giving 5.1 sound. However one bug that I can not get rid of is that the resulting DVD files when played have a stutter about every couple of seconds. It is very minimal but once noticed it drives me mad.

It is most noticable on scenes with moving thigs like cars, also if you watch the credits scroll up the screen you notice it then.

Anyone else noticed this?

Anyone got a fix?

It never used to happen in Nero 6.

I have tried a few other applications and they also seem to suffer from this problem.

The only one I have tried that does not is ConvetXtoDVD, but this does not output 5.1 sound.

Any advice of a fix or another application that will convert avi to dvd with 5.1 sound would be appreciated.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I am not the expert here on this, but do you happen to know what bitrate you burned the files with? It seems a higher bitrate (quality) setting helps, if the material will fit on the medium.

If you are seeing these problems on your computer only, you might check to make sure you have the DMAs enabled.

3. mfc1986

mfc1986 Guest

It is converting at the highest bitrate possible for a single layer dvd.

This varies but it does not make any difference whatever the bitrate is.

4. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

mfc1986

Yes!!!! I have seen this very same problem. I have been wasting DVDs trying to solve the problem! On my computer the resulting DVD (*.VOBs) look fine with whatever software I use to view them. e.g. PowerDVD, Windows Media Player 11, VLC Media Player, Nero ShowTime) however on multiple different DVD players the very same VOBs play with the problem you describe. i.e.

"scenes played have a stutter about every couple of seconds. It is very minimal but once noticed it drives me mad.

It is most noticeable on scenes with moving things like cars, also if you watch the credits scroll up the screen you notice it then."

For me it is when the people move quickly or the camera moves quickly, there is a stutter.

I was using the then latest and greatest Nero Burning Rom version (v7.5.9.0A) and hence Nero Vision v4.0.7.16.

I was using the highest quality setting (8000 kbps). Nero Vision seems not to allow any setting higher than this for DVDs. My film will fit on a DVD with much more than 8000kbps (if allowed).

I do not think I got the same problem with a previous Nero version (v7.5.7.0). At least I don't ever remember seeing this stutter problem. I think I may revert back to v7.5.7.0 and test or even try with v7.0.2.

mfc1986,

Please can you double check what version of Nero Vision you reported as using??? Also what Nero Package version was it from e.g. 7.5.9.0A??

Like you I want to solve this problem as it is very annoying and I have family member waiting on the DVD production! The original hi-* video tape is better right now.

I may try the latest Nero version - which I'm now downloading.

It may be the problem only happens on the highest bit rate ? So I may try using < 8000 kbps.
    ????

5. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

p.s.

I used GSPOT to check the frame order of the source AVI and noticed it was TFF (Top Field First) - however Nero Vision burned it to DVD using VOB BFF (bottom field first) format when I had used the AUTOMATIC field order setting.

However this is just for your info because even when I used TFF to make the DVD with Nero Vision I still got the stutter problem.

Oh yes-before anyone suggests it - I always write DVD to hard disk first and then from hence to DVD with Nero Buringing ROM, rather than writing direct to DVD from Nero Vision.

Anyone else out there encounter the stutter problem like mfc1986 and I?

6. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

p.s.2

I was using AC3 2.0 sound rather than 5.1, so I do NOT think the stutter problem is because of the sound type.

My source AVI is interlaced (TFF) 25 fps, PAL.

mfc1986 did you capture the AVI using Nero Vision by any chance?
    I did.

Cheers