1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to DVD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dvdsmut, Sep 17, 2007.

1. dvdsmut

dvdsmut Member

Version 4.7.0.19

I know there are a lot of posts on this subject but i wanted to post my own, so i could ask my own questions on the matter. I read the converting AVI to DVD using Nero Vision guide, props to whoever made that because it helped A LOT! The only problem is I made 3 dvds before Nero cut out and stopped working. Now when i try to add AVI files i get an error that says Unable to Insert [filename]. Now im pretty sure that these files arent corrupt in any way, it seems as if after i burnt the last dvd it just stopped working. Also note that it stopped working on the exact same day my MPEG-4 Video Encoding Support Trial ended. I guess what im getting at is what can i do to make it work again, or is there another program that is free which i can use to do the same thing. Or, was the problem caused by that trial version ending, and where can i get a free solution. Thanks ahead of time everybody for your help in this matter.

P.S. Would a different version of nero work better? i posted mine at the top. thanks again!

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3. zapatero

zapatero Member

I think MPEG-4 is not used to convert to DVD.
    Another route is to convert the AVI to WMV and then use Nero Vision.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

SUPER would convert it (most likely) and then you can burn it with Nero.

5. LOCOENG

Or Imgburn.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Naturally.

7. dvdsmut

dvdsmut Member

ive used dvd flick and it mostly fails either during encoding or during the burn process. Now as much as i love wasting my Lightscribe dvds and having them ruined by a failed burn process, i wanted another solution. Im currently using DivXtoDVD and that has worked like a charm every time... so far

8. LOCOENG

You didn't mention that you have used DVD Flick that is why I recommended it. I've used it and haven't had any problems with it. There have been a few instances where DVD Flick has churned through files that ConvertXtoDVD and Nero have choked on...while I use ConvertXtoDVD 90% of the time, I would still consider DVD Flick a reliable program. If you are having problems during the burn it may be worthwhile to try and manually burn instead of allowing whatever program you are using to auto burn upon completion of your project.