1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.avi to DVD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by free377, Sep 20, 2011.

1. free377

free377 Member

Any free easy programs that can do this EASILY for a medium-savvy computer guy? I tried some but they allowed only 5 minutes to be transferred, or were so exhaustively complicated, I could not do it. Any advice on a free, user-friendly program that does an entire film would be greatly appreciated. Can it be done as easily as transferring an R2 PAL film to NTSC--namely ripping with Hd FabDecrypter, transferring with VobBlanker, and burning with Nero, without having to make/set tons of settings, etc? I want the .avi file to be able to be burned onto a DVD and simply play in a DVD player!

M.

2. attar

attar Senior member

FAVC is straightforward.
    DVD Flick is similar.
    AvsToDVD is actively supported.
    All free and use ImgBurn to optionally burn the DVD.

3. free377

free377 Member

Thanks, but I asked for a free program, not one like this. Thanks anyway.

4. free377

free377 Member

Thanks, but I asked for a free program, exactly NOT like this trial situation. Thanks anyway.

5. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

This is an easy one. Download Format Factory. It's free, but be careful of the toolbar. It's part of the standard install, but just uncheck the box when you install. It's totally not needed!

With this program, you can convert your AVI to VOB which will play on standard DVD player.

6. free377

free377 Member

It only allows you to do 5 mins or ado of the DVD NOT THE WHOLE THING. Can ANYONE READ and tell me of a free program to transfer .avi to DVD files that transfers THE WHOLE DVD, is FREE, and is NOT a 3-month trial that vanishes after 90 days? This is not rocket science, folks, just a simple request.

7. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Uh, Format Factory is FREEWARE (but do NOT install the toolbar) and it will allow conversion of whole movies. It's probably the best pretty much idiot proof converter out there. Once it's done you'll burn the vobs with your choice of free burning apps.

8. free377

free377 Member

No, it only allows you to burn a SHORT PART of the DVD files, NOT the whole DVD film--I JUST tried it!

9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

explain why you say the programs that attar listed are not free you are incorrect they are free there is no trial there is also Xmedia recode which is FREE also

edit:
    freeware = free
    shareware = trial

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  10. free377

free377 Member

they ARE free--but they only let you transfer FIVE MINUTES of a video--NOT THE WHOLE DISC--SO THEY ARE USELESS!!!!!

11. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

check your pm

12. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Free377 - I have no idea what you're talking about. Which makes two of us. Your question was how to take an avi and convert to DVD format without being "exhaustively complicated". I have used Format Factory to do this many times, and it works perfectly. If you can't get it to make a video longer than 5 minutes, then you are doing something seriously wrong.

13. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

make that 3..lol..unless you were refering to me,my head hurts i need to lie down

14. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

professional? another one that talks out the proverbial or just spamming nonsense