1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to mpeg error

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by valkyrie, Mar 1, 2005.

1. valkyrie

valkyrie Member

When i'm trying to convert an .avi file to .mpeg using tmpgenc the length of the movie is dubbeled and it has a disk capacity of 244%. when i'm trying to manually ajust the disk capacity to 97% it doesn't get any lower then 121%. how can i solve this problem?

grtz,

Valkyrie

2. valkyrie

valkyrie Member

Can't anyone help me with this?
    There has to be a solution for this...

please help!!!

grtz,

Valkyrie

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Sorry. A MPEG-1 is 10 MB x minute of the movie long (a MPEG-2 even bigger) and therefore a movie always must be split into 2 CD-R (unless it is very short) using, for instance, TMPGenc 'select range' twice (0 ---> F for CD1 and F+1 ---> end for CD2) or TMPGenc's MPEG Tools___Merge & Cut (again: 0---F for Movie-CD1.MPG and F+1---> end for Movie-CD2.MPG).
    This is the reason for which AVI format, even if it's lossy, is used to export movies.
    You can try to make a KVCD movie (read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/124272 to learn more). It is smaller and has a slightly worse quality (see http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/126073), but it is declered " 120' on one CD-R " and therefore 1 movie = 1 CD-R.
    It's a little more complicated (1: use TMPGenc 2.5, not XPress, copying the KVCD templates you'll find on their site; 2: create the M1V , the 'mute' KVCD output, 3: add the sound by multiplexing the movie Type = Video-CD Non Standard)to a mpeg-version of the same movie), but it works.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005