1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to mpeg2

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by MARK69, Aug 15, 2004.

1. MARK69

MARK69 Guest

Hi, Can any one help,my canon a80 digital camera takes 3 minute movie clips but only in avi, i want too be able to transfer these to dvd or cd! but i have tried burning with nero to cd and dvd, but when i went to play in my stand alone dvd player, it was showing disc not recongised? can any one help please?, i have also tried pinnacle 7 software program ,but alas same problem!

2. uzziber

uzziber Member

Mark69:
    Try TMPGenc encoder; this software will compress the AVI file to mpeg video file, after this burn the video.
    Good Luck!!

3. MARK69

MARK69 Guest

Hi, And thanks for your reply, will try that now, and let you know !

4. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

hi :0)

you forgot to mention he/she will only be left with an mpeg2 file and to get a dvd it needs to be convereted to vob files etc , I personaly use dvd meastro but but I think you can use ifoedit aswell and there are the one click option that will let u import the mpeg file but they genrally leave you with audio sync problems, check out the guides that are available , happy burning