1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to MPG...TMPGEnc...No Sound...Need help!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Magic, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Magic

Magic Member

Hi, I've just got into this AVI to MPG business and I would really appriciate if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong.

The problem is that I cant get any sound on my converted mpg. (From the preview in TMPGEnc). I have been reading the forums and since tried:

1. Changing the prioritys in 'Environmental settings' to 0 apart from Direct Show options.
    2. I have downloaded Nimo codec, ACE codec and Divx Codec.
    3. I have used Virtual Dub to save a new AVI with the Audio set at Full Processing mode.
    4. And I have tried extrecting the Audio using the process outlined at afterdawn.com.

And I am still soundless!!!!! Please help! Am I doing something really stupid that I have missed?

Does the preview of TMPGEnc normally show you the sound?

Any small suggestion would be a great help!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Try to extract the sound with VirtualDUB and multiplex it using TMPGEnc. In TMPGEnc, click file - mpeg tools. Click the multiplex tab and then add the video you encoded before. Click on the audio and delete it. Click add and add in the extracted audio. Now you select Video CD, a filename and click RUN!