1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to play on stand alone dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stashy, Sep 22, 2004.

1. stashy

stashy Guest

plz help ive tried everything and cannot figure out how to burn avi movies to watch on dvd player I HAVE SEVERAL BURN PROGRAMS nero alcohol roxio i have cucusoft i have shrink decrypter i have everyting thats been mentioned but for some reason cant get the right steps to encode burn and watch

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

You've checked all the guides?
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

Have you tried converting the file with TMPGEnc to a MPEG2 DVD compatible format?

What format is the file in currently? (We need more info than AVI. ie. the codec it was written in)

Adder.

4. stashy

stashy Guest

know that they are avi files downloaded from the irc channls. i get an error when i try to bring them up in tmpgenc and those guides arent really helping maybe i should read over them again slower. i can burn dvds i own no problem. but if u guys could tell me what program u use to burn to that would help.i just need to know how to get avi files to burn i can use cucusoft to change to mpeg to or dvd then what do i do.
    and is it better to change to mpeg2 or dvd

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member